I’m Justina McCandless and I am the creator and writer of On this Day in Church History. I grew up in Utah, USA, but I have been living for the past seven years in Germany with my husband (who is a German) and our two children.
My writing background includes:
- reporting for The Salt Lake Tribune
- writing and editing for the Church magazines: Ensign, Liahona, New Era, and The Friend
- editing and writing for the City of South Salt Lake On the Move city newsletter
- editor-in-chief of Westminster College’s student-run newspaper, The Forum
- Winner of the 2011 Academy of American Poets Student Poetry Prize at Westminster College
- published in Ellipsis…Literature & Art at Westminster College
About On this Day in Church History
My family and I are moving away from Germany. We are headed to the historic city of Nauvoo in Illinois. I created On this Day in Church History as a way to document this transition in our lives as well as learn about the history of the place we are moving. Read more about why I created the blog here.